The NamUs Analytical and Case Support Division utilizes criminal justice and non-governmental data sources and advanced search techniques to provide criminal justice agencies with:
- Indication of life for persons reported missing to NamUs
- Contact information for family members for DNA sample collections
- Information regarding next of kin for death notifications
- Leads related to unidentified person cases
- Information to assist in vetting tips and leads
Analytical Services Booklet
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) is more than just a database; its resources and services are force multipliers that assist law enforcement agencies and medical examiner/coroner offices in the resolution of missing, unidentified, and unclaimed person cases.
The NamUs Analytical and Case Support Division provides expanded investigative resources on cases reported to NamUs.