NamUs connects criminal justice agencies and families across the nation with information and resources to resolve missing, unidentified, and unclaimed person cases. View and download popular resources below.
- When Your Child Is Missing: A Family Survival Guide, Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
- How Prevalent is Violence in Missing and Unidentified Persons Cases? (NIJ.ojp.gov)
- NamUs Regional Program Specialist Contacts
- User Guide: Entering a Missing Person Case
- User Guide: Advanced Searching
- User Guide: Requesting Dental Records
Watch the videos below to learn more about NamUs.
Introducing NamUs 2.0
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) provides technology, forensic services and investigative support to resolve missing persons cases.
NamUs: Making a Difference
The staggering number of missing and unidentified person cases in the United States has been deemed our nation's "Silent Mass Disaster." The sheer volume of these cases poses a significant challenge to law enforcement, medical examiners, coroners and family members searching to locate missing loved ones.